Wednesday 9 November 2011

Day 1, 2012

No, I'm not confused, I know we're still in 2011.  However, today was the first day of training for next year's events.  We'll cover training plan, events and goals for 2012 in a future post but want to get a few thoughts down.

I start out the new season with weights, easy 20min bike and easy 20min run.

Weights
I was lost with only a rough idea of how to start when lucky for me, I bumped into Lloyd, a rower and fellow gym-enthusiast, who happened to be doing a weight session.  His plan mirrored what I had in mind, so I joined his session:

4x through, circuit style (one to the next, to the next...)
- 6 cleans
- 20 sit-ups
- 10 bent over rows
- 7 dead lifts
- 15 push-ups
- 10 squat jumps

First time through, piece of cake.  Second time, ok.  Third, panting.  Fourth, wow, really!?!  Let's remember, this is day one, hope I don't wake up tomorrow with a muscle injury.  A bit long, 40mins, I'm looking for max 30mins, but a good start.

Bike & Run
Easy stuff, Zone 1 heart rate (another topic to cover in the near future).  Hopefully turning the legs over will minimize damage from weights.

Feels good to be back on a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment