Sunday 4 December 2011

Overall Plan for 2012

My motto for this year, expect change and stay flexible.

On a personal note, 2012 is the year I finally move to Asia.  I have wanted this for a long time but want no more, it's time for action.  The issue, I have no idea when.  This uncertainty makes race planning difficult but looking on the bright side, it keeps me flexible and allows experimenting with different types of training (i.e. whatever I can squeeze in between researching, deciding, planning and executing a move).

Given my jell-o-like plans, training will target half-iron distance events (1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run) so I continue to build a triathlon base with an end of the season focus on longer runs finishing the year with an ultra-marathon (exact distance tbd, but 100km run sounds nice!)

Subject to change, below is an outline.

Wks 1-15: Base (aerobic training)
- Mon, Nov 7 to Sun, Feb 19
- Swim, 2x per week at 500 to 1000m per session
- Bike, 3x per week 30 to 90min
- Run, 4x per week 20 to 120min
- Yoga, at least 1x per week and up to as many as possible
- Weights, 2x per week of short 30min sessions

Wks 16-25: Build
- Mon, Feb 20 to Sun, Apr 29
- Similar as above but adding in sprint (non-aerobic) work

Wks 26 - 35: Peak
- Mon, Apr 30 to Sun, Jul 8
- Same but beasting it!


So, looking for a half-iron distance race in July which is peak season for Ironman sponsored half's across America, TriStar events in Europe and a few dotted around Asia.


After that, I'll take a few weeks of r&r before launching into ultra training.

No comments:

Post a Comment