Sunday 29 April 2012

Tango History Highway Ultramarathon


I’ve had time to digest MDS and decided the first step in training is an ultra-marathon.  Ultras vary in distance, but essentially anything longer than a marathon.  Best prep for the 84km/ 52mi stage 4 of MDS will be to race the distance (or longer) in the lead-up.

A brief internet search, and I’m in luck, The Tango History Highway Ultra, 100km/ 63mi run in Kansai area of Japan near where I’ll be living!  A perfect way to get to know my new area and prep for MDS.

hard to follow but that's a lot of climbing starting at 60km!


How to train for 100km?  Great question.  I'm starting with this training plan taken from the internet and will modify given I won’t be ready for a 3hr session in wk 1.




1 comment:

  1. Dear Carlos-san

    I am board member of Tango 100km Ultra marathon at Kyoto in Japan.

    I find great web site about Tango Ultramarathon.

    International friendship running race will be held at Kyoto 2015 September.

    We would like to spread Tango ultramarathon world wide .

    Can I Link your site ?

    You reported 2012 Tango ,eat,run, with many photo and good time .

    Please approve my request .

    Our web is following
    http://www.r-wellness.com/tango/english/outline.html

    Thank you .

    RUNNER'S WELLNESS Co.,LTD
    14th Tango 100km Ultra Marathon
    International Communication & HR
    Toshifumi Kasao
    TEL 81-463-70-6665
       FAX 81-463-70-6266
    E-mail:Tango@r-wellness.com
    Homepage http://www.r-wellness.com

    ReplyDelete