Saturday 16 August 2014

Project Home: Update 4

Looking for our next home, somewhere to settle for a while, I had a busy couple of weeks in San Francisco.  I've been applying to jobs, meeting recruiters, making new contacts and catching-up with friends.

Golden Gate Bridge
Lombard St., crookedest street in the world
Alcatraz, def a bucket list tri!
Overall, the trip was productive, and I hopefully have a couple interviews coming out of it.  But, having to head to NYC after only two weeks in SF is a bit soon.  The more I think about it, a month would have been ideal, but that's not how it worked out.

Anyway, next week is a high probability opportunity with my previous bank.  My boss from London set me up with the interview, so I'm prepping hard and getting ready to impress.  Actually, the more I think about this opportunity and being back in NYC, close to family and friends, the more excited I get.  Also, Natsuko has been watching Gossip Girl, so I think she's ready for the big apple!

Up to this point, I've been REACTING to everything and just chasing opportunities.  But, no more.  After the upcoming interview and meeting some recruiters in NYC, Natsuko and I will choose east or west coast, and I'll focus only on that area.  It's just too distracting to try the back and forth.

trails at the Claremont Canyon Conservancy
beautiful
As for working out, it's been sporadic since leaving Hawai'i.  No swimming, but got some trails in!  NYC will see my first Cross Fit session.  Stoked!


No comments:

Post a Comment