Sunday 15 January 2012

Jivamukti Yoga


I find yoga an essential element of my endurance training (full thoughts on yoga to come in a later post).  It's great for building core, strength, flexibility and most importantly, mental focus.  I've been practicing on my own for a while now and lost my way.

Enter a friend who has gotten into Jivamukti yoga.  He asked me to join for a class, and I couldn't refuse.  The studio in London is in Ladbroke Grove (NW of Hyde Park), brilliantly clean with a welcoming atmosphere.  On my first class, I could see why he enjoyed it so much: fluid but not too fast, challenging and a mix of asanas, breathing exercises and chanting.

90mins and I'm hooked!  The location is super-inconvenient for me, but it was so good, I'll be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment