Tuesday 24 January 2012

Lost




With a change of city this year still uncertain, I’ve not scheduled any races for 2012.  Far removed from the discipline and pride of Ironman UK  plus no races planned equals lack of focus and lost motivation.

I’ve heard of post-Ironman blues (PIB) where life’s every movement is regulated by training for six months or more, then the race finishes and people get lost.  I don’t think that’s what I’m experiencing (though it’s possible).   I tried to get ahead of PIB by planning to go straight into marathon training for Istanbul in October, which failed.  What I needed was a break not more structured training.  So after 3-4 weeks of pushing myself, I decided Istanbul was not to be.   Instead, I spent the time traveling, catching up with family and friends, re-charging for 2012.

Now, ready to go, uncertainty of where I’ll be in the months to come has kept me from signing up for anything.  Maybe it’s an excuse, but I’m hoping it’s not and I find motivation somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment