Sunday 12 February 2012

Gaining Focus




Thanks to a few friends, I signed up for two races (a much needed boost).  Not enough time to set out a training schedule and really go for it, but these will give me direction.

Spring Ballbuster, Duathlon (Run/ Bike/ Run, 8mi/ 24/ 8)
Box Hill, Surrey, UK
A great early season race that I did last year (2011 race post).  Given my fitness at this stage, I’d like to outperform last year, 3.31.23, with an emphasis on pushing the bike.

Target time: 3.25.00

Kingston Run, 16mi (26km)
Kingston, UK
I’ve not done this run before but having been to Kingston and completed the Hampton Court Swim last year (which ends in Kingston), I know it’s a nice area for athletics.

I’ll think more about target time later but general goal will be to push my limit and see where that gets me.

With renewed vigor, I’m back on the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment