Wednesday 15 August 2012

11 Down


Finally back on solid ground.  Another absorb week with 78.4km/ 49mi.  Feeling better after US trip which took more out of me than I expected.  Lesson learned for future training/ traveling (back off a bit!).

Anyway, a good week of training.  Mentally hesitant before both interval sessions, I was concerned the sluggishness from wk10 would continue.  How wrong I was!  Somehow, someway, a mental focus like never before came to and I nailed both sessions.  Set a good tone for the last 6wks.

Weather is still hot and humid (over 30C/ 90F w/ 80%+ humidity) but seems to have peaked.  Evenings are cooler and hopefully it'll cool off a bit for Tango Ultra.

H&N - just over 62kg/ 137lb and 10.9%bf.  Weight down and bf WAY up!  In addition to week in the US, I've fallen prey to cravings.  Same as peak training for Ironman last year, I've started craving soda and fried food.  I allowed post-run Coca-Cola (160ml) but held off on the fried foods.  Well, I'll be cutting the Coke and going back to fully clean diet for the last 5 weeks.

Given peak training and sluggishness, I've added vitamin supps (vit B, C +iron and D) to help my body  battle fatigue, boost the immune system and manage all the sun.

R&R - Generally still on 7hrs sleep except one or two days a week when I get 8-9hrs.  Again, hoping this combats the recent slowness.  Sticking with post-long-run naps with legs in the air and not much compression gear (too hot!).

Lots and lots of stretching, minimum 1hr per day.  It's doing the trick because still no sign of injury.  However, I'm slacking on the tennis ball-foot massage, need to get that back.

Intervals - nailed.  As I said, mental focus, felt awesome.  BANK IT!

Going long - not as good as interval sessions, but definitely better than week 10.  Something 'off' in my stride, but overall feeling better.


4.5wks to my first ultra.  Can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment