Monday 28 January 2013

Week 11: Marathon des Sables

pic from www.photography blogger.net

"You don't get what you wish for, you get what you work for."
- anonymous -

Have to love absorb weeks.  All the aches and pains have gone, and I'm band-aid free!  Physically, a good week running 76km/ 47.5mi and cycling 113km/ 70mi. 

Sleep was slightly better with less tossing and turning, though still only 6-7hrs a night.

Read a lot of forums and blogs this week and realized how naive I've been.  Example, I was planning on running in road shoes which gave a good laugh to a number race veterans.  Queue nervousness and anxiety about other things I haven't thought of!  Surely there will be more of these.

As for gear, when including shipping costs, stores are cheaper than the internet, so off shopping I go.  No time to get into this today, maybe next time.

Unfortunate incident,  the motor on my turbo trainer is no more.  No idea what happened, it just didn't work when I tried to ride on Sunday morning.  Now, re-arranging the schedule to add walking and outdoor riding while I try to troubleshoot with the manufacturer.



No comments:

Post a Comment