Monday 9 September 2013

Catching Up

Apologies for the extreme absence.  Here's a brief run-down of the last two months.

Week 2 - Jul 8th
Building into training, decided to eat more to maintain or even put on some weight before trying to lose it later.  This only gave me stomach problems, so gave up.

Week 3 - Jul 15th
Started doing sprints, 6 by about 350m.  Realization, I can't sprint.  I've known this for a long time, but it's different when it becomes a reality.  More to come.

Week 4 - Jul 22nd
An international business group here in Kobe asked me to give a motivational/ informational speech about endurance racing and particularly MDS.  Excellent!  Speech to be Sep 7th.

Week 5 & 6 - Jul 29th
Caught a summer cold.  Three runs in 2 weeks.  I don't want to put it down to age, but I used to be able to keep training, add a few hours of sleep and recover.  Not this time.  For whatever reason, I felt and feel that I have to listen to my body more.

Week 7 & 8 - Aug 12th
Back into training plus Summer holiday!  We went to Summer Sonic in Osaka and Shikoku Island for rafting!

John Legend rocking Summer Sonic
enjoying the show

Shimanto River, Shikoku
Happy Raft was our guide, highly recommend
they speak Japanese and English

Week 9 - Aug 26
Nailed a sprint session!  10x about 350m and felt on top of the world!  Not able to maintain great form but pushed hard throughout.  Core lacking strength.  Something to work on.

Week 10 - Sep 2nd
Absorb week plus the speech.  Running was fine and speech was excellent!  It didn't go perfectly, but I was comfortable and got a great reception.  A group of folks even invited me out for tea after!  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment