Tuesday 16 September 2014

Project Home: Update 5

Okay, it's been a while.  I know.  I was hoping to wait for a job offer, and while there's been a bunch of great interviews and a few down to the wire decisions, no offers yet.  But, I've got one good opportunity going, and a lot of people with their eyes and ears to the ground, so it's only a matter of time (hopefully not much more time!).

downtown Manhattan from Jersey City

Meanwhile, I've been the recipient of immeasurable amounts of support and goodwill from family and friends.  A big shout out to Natsuko and my fam for keeping it positive and to friends for letting me crash and helping me network.

Other than job hunting, I've been working out 6 days a week and re-acquainting myself with the area.

NYC High Line - An old, above-ground railway line on the west-side of Manhattan that used to transport goods to businesses but was made obsolete by truck deliveries.  The line fell apart and has since been redone into a great public, outdoor space.





NFL - Checked out my first NFL game.  Got to see Raiders vs. Jets, and unfortunately, the Raiders lost.  But, it was a great atmosphere and brilliant weather!




Finally, random funny video.  Click HERE and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment