Sunday 28 September 2014

Success Through PMA: Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Will you dare to explore the powers of your mind?

Ideas
- "You are a mind with a body."  The mind controls the body, not the other way around.
- The mind is made of two parts: the conscious and the subconscious.  The subconscious is very powerful but not well understood.  One way to tap into that power is through conscious autosuggestion a.k.a. self-suggestion.  (Funnily enough, Natsuko is reading a book about a similar concept.)  Anyway, to do this, write down your goal and say it to yourself out loud everyday.  The idea is that whenever you are presented with an opportunity to move closer to that goal, you subconscious mind will persuade you to respond even if you don't consciously acknowledge it.  I do something similar, though it's not a goal, it's about positive reinforcement for my job search.
     - As I wake up, "It's a beautiful day, and it's great to be alive.  I'm ready for the best job for me."
     - As I go to sleep, "I'm grateful for today.  Today is in the past.  I'll sleep and prepare for tomorrow."

Quotes
- "Day by day in every way I am getting better and better."
- "You can do it if you believe you can."

No comments:

Post a Comment