Sunday 29 November 2015

2016, Here We Go Again

Following the last 6 weeks of sleeping in, overeating, and avoiding anything cardio related, it's time to kick-off 2016 training!

I'll continue to focus on short-distance races (Sprint and Olympic) targeting major improvements with some ambitious goals which I'll outline once my 2016 race plan is done. I expect these major improvements across all 3 disciplines though primarily in the bike. I'm looking to join a road racing club to learn about proper biking (handling, pacing, full throttle-ing) which I think will start me on the path to where I want to be.

December is loosely structured, just looking to get back into the 6 day-a-week routine: 3 swims, 3 bikes, 2-3 runs, and 2 strength sessions. Weeks 1-3 will build a bit with week 4 (Christmas week) being a rest/get-in-what-I-can before setting a more serious course from the last week of Dec.

The last 6 weeks have been great, but man am I looking to get back at it. Structured training program, full race schedule and more to come. Stoked!


Side-note in case you haven't seen, here's a little video of Jan Frodeno and Daniela Ryf taking the Ironman World Champ titles back in Oct. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment