Saturday 15 September 2012

Tie Your Runners

pic from Runner's World.com
Early mornings, intervals, long runs, cycling, yoga, compression gear, stretching, cold spray, body comp, gels, electrolytes, proteins, etc, etc.  With all this going on, it's no wonder the little things get lost in the mix.

Stopping into Yano Sports (Sannomiya, Kobe), I picked up a small but useful tip on tying my shoes (also learned why there are two eye-wholes at the top!).  Click here for a 2007 article from Runner's World that shows 5 different lacing techniques to relieve foot pain and better secure your foot: shoe rubs top of your foot, big toenail goes black, shoe too tight at top of foot, cramped toes or heel slips.

I don't have these problems, but I was also told my foot is too narrow for standard shoes, so the fifth technique in RW's article should secure my foot better.

I've been lacing my shoes this way for the last couple week and it's working well.  Glad I stopped in.  As they say, it's the little things that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment