Wednesday 30 July 2014

Hawai'i: Update 3

I truly believed this was going to be a much different update, but that's not the reality.  The reality is that we're not moving to Hawai'i.  I didn't get the job.

Shocked, let down and disappointed would be the best way to describe my feelings.  The longer I spent here, the more I saw how the good outweighed the bad, and how we could really settle here.  Yes, there are other jobs, and I've applied to a few, but I have a couple of great opportunities elsewhere, and while Hawai'i is our first choice, it's not a 'make it work at any cost' choice.

I drowned my sorrows by going for a swim.  In fact, it turned out to be one of the best swims yet, just under 3k in 40mins at a moderate effort.  That's a 1:23 per 100m or 53min for the 3.8k of an iron-distance swim.  That put a smile on my face :)

With any failure, there is opportunity to learn and improve.  So, I'll go back over my preparation and make sure it's better for the next set of interviews.  In the schedule are interviews for jobs in San Fran and NYC.  I can't guarantee I'll get one of those jobs, but I can guarantee that I'll be better prepared.

As Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude says, "Every adversity has the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit."  So, we move on in search of greater opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment