Friday 22 February 2013

Running for a Great Cause

There has to be a good reason (other than just the challenge) to run across the Moroccan Sahara.  I've found mine.

I am hoping to raise £2,000 for Chance to Grow, a UK based charity that supports Great Mercy, an orphanage in Western Kenya.  The orphanage houses 80 children who have lost their families through AIDS, violence and abandonment.  In addition, Great Mercy educates 150 students who otherwise would not have an opportunity to attend school because of extreme poverty.

Chance to Grow and Great Mercy are now raising funds to improve existing conditions, expand to take-in more children and purchase a plot of land to grow crops and become more self-sustaining.

I chose Chance to Grow to support my good friend and long-time training partner, Alan, in his work with the charity.  Alan recently volunteered on site in Kenya and saw what a difference this organization is making in children's lives.

So, on April 7th, I'll start my 250 km, week long, self-sufficient, desert running adventure to give these children a chance.

Please DONATE HERE.

Click the charity's name here for more info CHANCE TO GROW.


Alan at Great Mercy



Alan and I after Ironman UK


No comments:

Post a Comment