Sunday 31 March 2013

Week 20: Marathon des Sables

me on my training beach, 1.5k/ 1m around

"True motivation comes from within. 
No one can hand it to you, but no one can take it away, either."
- anonymous -



As always, I leave the best for last.  I haven't talked about my goal, and there's not much time now, so here's a snapshot.

GOAL: top 50 (1100 runners) and 7min/k (11min/m) pace


Wow, one week to race begins.  Anxious?  You bet.  Packing and putting the finishing touches on my gaiters.  Sewing is way harder than I thought.  We'll see how well my stitching does.

I'm running MDS to help house and feed orphans, and you can still support this great cause.  Click HERE for more info.


PLEASE WRITE TO ME :)  This will be a challenge like no other I've experienced, and I suspect every little boost will help.  Runners can receive emails daily from Apr 6 to 12, so if you'd like to send some support, a funny story or just want to fill me in on the goings on outside the Sahara, here are the directions.

1) Go to the MDS website: http://www.darbaroud.com/en/
2) Click the link "write to a competitor"
3) Put my name and number in the subject: Carlos Medina, 1093
4) Write the message (no attachments please, if there's an attachment, the email will not be received)
5) Click send


Also, runners are allowed one email a day, so I'll send something to Natsuko and she'll try to update the blog.  So stay tuned!

Thanks to everyone for following.  This wouldn't be possible without your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment