Monday 25 June 2012

IV


Week four, the first "absorb" week.  This week saw a reduction in mileage, 37mi/ 59km, to allow my body to absorb and repair from the work done in the first three weeks.  I'm a strong proponent of this training technique as it helps you avoid injury and gives you extra time every few weeks to recover mentally and spend time with friends and family.

After Wednesday's post, I made up the run on Thursday.  Mentally, it was hard to stay in bed on Wed, but an article from Chris McCormack on staying injury free helped me not to feel guilty about it.

Thu - 60min w/ 1x 5min HMP, after Wed, I still wasn't feeling great but could tell it was more laziness than my body asking for rest.  So, headed out in the rain and hammered the one 5min interval.

Fri - 50min w/ 5min MP, standard session.

Sun - 1.45 moderate run, ran this along a path in central Kobe which includes hills.  This path is shorter than the one in Ashiya that I've been running, so tougher mentally to keep doing loops, but the hills are worth it (and required given Tango's 500m climb 60k into the race).


Mon - 1.45 moderate run, back on the flat path in Ashiya to explore some routes I haven't seen yet.  Worth the trip because I found another beach (that's three now)!  More rain causing one of those ego shattering falls that runners take every so often ('really, this guy can't stay on two feet, how can he last 100km!?!'), but no major injury to report.


No comments:

Post a Comment