Monday 11 June 2012

Week 2


Another good week of training.  60km/ 37mi of ground covered plus strength and conditioning and lots of stretching.

I’ve quickly gotten back into a running state of mind with 60min runs seemingly short and enjoying the long, early morning sessions.  Though limited in number, this was the first week of intervals, which went well, and were a good pick-me-up for the rest of the week.

My legs are exhausted but thankfully no sign of injury brewing.  I had a few niggles in both calves and the right hamstring after Saturday’s long run but nothing a bit of muscle relief/ cooling spray couldn't take care of.  Sunday morning was tough to get going, but the niggles were gone with no issues post-run.  My hope is to make it to week 4’s absorb week without sign of injury; after that point, my muscles should be adapted to the sudden jump in mileage.

Only 14 to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment