Monday 4 June 2012

Week One


First and most important, 54kms/ 34mi down and injury free.  Second, it’s been interesting.

I touched down in Japan about a week ago and the jet lag has kept me from sleeping more than four hours in any one night.  Generally, I’m in bed by 10pm and up at 2am, lay in bed for 3-4hrs and finally get up for training.  Not great execution of recovery.

However, despite a few odd feelings in my left calf (not exactly pain, but definitely not right), the double stretching and conscious effort to rest during the day is doing the trick.

It’s definitely warmer here, c. 25C/ 85F and humid, than London (which is good for ultimate goal of MDS) so I'll make changes to fuel and hydration strategies but nothing major at this point.

All four runs were moderate pace with no intervals.

Hoping the week has exhausted me enough to sleep through the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment