Thursday 28 June 2012

Vice

no, not that vice
Generally, my diet follows the previous health and nutrition post, but I failed to mention a few things: salt, coffee (caffeine) and peanut butter.

Salt - all savory meals that I cook are doused in salt.  When cooking for my partner, I salt for flavor, serve her plate and add another helping on mine.  I'm aware this isn't totally healthy so try to keep it in check by only using himalayan rock salt/ never table salt and never adding salt when eating out.

Caffeine/ coffee - strong, black, sometimes bitter and sometimes sweet, I love coffee.  Living in East London with a coffee addiction is like a chocoholic moving in with Willie Wonka.  Sat morning post training, Sun afternoon catch-up, break from work?  "Let's grab a coffee."  For most people that's just a saying for 'let's grab a seat, relax and chat,' but for me, it's literal.  I try to limit one per day, generally successful, and having left the cafes of Redchurch St and Haggerston behind should help.





Peanut butter - does life get any better than relaxing with a flick and jar of pb?  Growing up, my diet was half pb&j (no, I wasn't very healthy) with a high pb to j ratio.  Most of those habits have been left behind, but pb remains: straight from the jar, covered in chocolate, cake or ice cream form, doesn't matter.  I'm good not buying it, if it's not there, I don't think about it; but once it's in the cupboard, there's no guarantee how long it'll last.


No comments:

Post a Comment