Tuesday 19 June 2012

Three



As with the first two, week three was a success over 65km/ 41mi.  Got in all the workouts, pushed through some slow starts and no sign of injury.

We moved to Kobe on Saturday which took the whole day, so I've moved the long runs to Sun and Mon.  This will stick as it's a better fit for my work schedule (may move again to Mon and Tue, we'll see).

Wed – 75min run w/ 2x 5min intervals on HMP.  Slow start, legs 'woke up' about 25mins into the run and hit the intervals bang-on.

Fri - 60min w/ 7.5min MP.  Legs still slow to get going (possibly build up of lactic acid, need to address), but eventually came to for a good session.

Sun - 1.75hr moderate.  My first run since moving to Kobe took me in all directions.  After 1hr, I was pessimistic about running trails when I found a "canal" like path that lead to the sea and a brilliant outdoor area/ running trail (pics to come in a later post).  Post-run, I unpacked my compression gear (will help with the lactic acid!), another boost.

Mon - 2hr moderate.  Another good run on the trail I found yesterday.  Thanks to the compression gear, my legs were alive from the start.  One point of dizziness, but pushed through (2hrs or longer, I'm going to have to eat something beforehand).



No comments:

Post a Comment